This Buffalo Chicken Dip is great to make on Game Day or for any gathering for that matter. It’s so easy to make and definitely a top favorite here.
If you love buffalo chicken wings you’ll love this dip. There are many versions of this dip on the web and different ways to make it.
Buffalo Chicken Dip – Video
Some recipes call for layering the ingredients. Others use canned chicken. And there’s a big debate on whether or not to use fresh blue cheese crumbles and do away with the ranch.
Honestly, I’ve made this dip quite a few different ways before deciding on these amounts and ingredients.
My family doesn’t like it too spicy and some recipes call for a full cup of hot sauce. And we only like a little blue cheese taste in the mix.
Tips for making a killer Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Use any chicken you have on hand. Canned, Baked and shredded or Rotisserie, I’ve tried all of them and they all work for this recipe. I do prefer baking two chicken breasts in the oven to get the most tender and moist chicken for this dip. The best way I’ve found to ensure that the chicken doesn’t dry out while baking is to evenly coat it with a couple of tablespoons of Hellman’s Mayonnaise. Bake the chicken in a shallow pyrex baking dish at 425-degrees for 20 minutes. (25-30 minutes for thicker pieces).
- Make more! Seriously this recipe makes enough for about 6-8 people and it goes fast.
- Serve warm with celery, carrots sticks, red pepper slices, artisan bread, pita chips or tortilla chips. Anything goes here.
- If you do have any left over you can refrigerate and warm up the next day in the microwave. It tastes even better the next day in my opinion.
- You can also make this dish ahead and refrigerate. Just assemble but don’t bake (steps 1-5 in the recipe direction) then cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator up to 24-hours.