Make these adorable pineapple earrings for yourself and as a gift for friends!
These beautiful pineapple earrings are easy to make and the perfect summer fashion accessory. I’m using earring hook findings but you can certainly attach these sweet pineapples to clips if you don’t have pierced ears.
I’m also using a rectangle bead that is about 20mm long in this DIY. Feel free to use oval or teardrop-shaped beads if you have them in your craft bin.
Below are links to the supplies used in this DIY and step-by-step photos of how to make them.
- 18 or 20mm rectangular (about .75-inch bead) hole through center — Places to purchase: Walmart (Assortment Acrylic), Amazon (Assortment Acrylic), or 18mm ChandelierParts.com
- 12mm leaf-shaped beads — Places to purchase: Amazon or Etsy
- Earring hook findings or clips if you don’t have pierced ears
- 24 gauge wire (tarnish resistant)
- Jewelry pliers – needle nose, round nose, and wire cutters
How to Make Pineapple Earrings in 4 Easy Steps
Cut a piece of wire about 4 to 5-inches long and start by making a head pin knot using your round-nose pliers. This will be a flat knot at the bottom of your earring that will stop the beads from falling off.
To make a knot wrap the end of the wire around round-nose pliers twice then pull the other end through the loop you just made…see photos below.
Next, string your large rectangular bead on first, then three leaf beads.
Summer just got sweeter with these cute pineapple crafts!
Read More: 10 Sweet Pineapple Crafts You Have To Try
Make a wrapped loop at the top by using round-nose pliers and wrapping the wire two or three times around to secure it. Cut the wire close to the base to finish. See the photos below for details.
Open the loop connector on your earring hook or clip finding with needle-nose pliers. Attach your pineapple earring and close the open loop with your needle-nose pliers.