Make this fun Tinsel Spider Wreath for Halloween.
This wreath is big and I have the perfect spot for it on my porch. There is no sewing required to make this wreath, just a hot glue gun.
The spider’s legs are made with single sheets of felt that I bought for a few cents each at Walmart. Each of the legs is simply hot glued around the edges with a little poly-fil stuffing added to them.
I highly recommend using finger protectors when hot gluing felt. The hot glue tends to go through lightweight felt and I didn’t protect my fingers from the start… ouch!…but then ran to my craft bin for them. You can find them anywhere, I bought a few packs at Dollar Tree.
Below are all the details!
- 18-inch wire wreath frame
- Nine (9″ x 12″) sheets of black felt
- One (9″ x 12″) sheet of purple felt
- One (9″ x 12″) sheet of white felt
- Tinsel garland (I bought about 6 packs – 9 feet long from Dollar Tree)
- Thin wire (I used 28 gauge steel wire from my local hardware store)
- Poly-Fil for stuffing
- A hot glue gun and finger protectors
- A printout of the Spider Leg and Eyes Template
Awesome Fall decor ideas for your tiered tray!
Read More: 15 Fall Tiered Tray Decor Ideas – Easy DIYs
How to Make a Tinsel Spider Wreath – 3 Easy Steps
STEP 1: Wrap The Wreath With Tinsel Garland
Wrap tinsel garland around the wire wreath form and secure the end with hot glue.
STEP 2: Make Felt Spider Legs
Next download and print out the Spider Leg and Eyes Template. To cut the spider legs, fold each felt sheet in half to cut two pieces, a front, and a back. Repeat and cut seven more.
Carefully hot glue the edges of each leg leaving the top open so you can stuff it with poly-fil stuffing. I recommend using finger protectors for this part.
Stuff each spider leg with poly-fil stuffing. Use a pencil to help push the stuffing into the tip of the spider legs if needed. Hot glue the top shut.
Feed a thin wire about an inch and a half from the end of each spider leg as shown below. Then tie and twist in place to secure to the back of the wreath.
STEP 3: Make The Felt Eyes
Cut the eyes out of felt using the template in the supplies list above. Hot glue the eye pieces together then hot glue to the bottom of the wreath.
Add a little sparkle to your Halloween decor!
Read More: DIY Glitter Spiders
RELATED CRAFT IDEAS:
- Make Halloween Ornaments from Corks – Free Template
- How to Make a Candy Corn Wreath
- DIY Pumpkin Spice Latte Air Freshener – Free Templates
- Easy Sew Ghost Plushie – Free Pattern
Watch A Video
Link to the full tutorial here –> Easy DIY Potion Bottles for Halloween – Free Labels