I made this cute Easy Sew Ghost Plushie from a microfiber cloth that I found in the car section at Dollar Tree! The cloth is 24″ x 16″ and you only need one to make this cute little ghost. The finished size (after stuffing) is about 12″ tall.
This Halloween plushie is soft and sweet and you can make one in about 30 minutes. It’s sewn by hand and I added a “B-O-O” felt banner to mine (link to the banner template below in the Supplies List) but this little ghost is cute with or without it!
Check out the video, supply list, and easy instructions to make this cute boo ghost!
Easy Sew Ghost Plushie – How-to Video
Note: If you plan to make a ghost plushie to give to a small child, please be sure to secure everything and avoid embellishments that could be a potential choking hazard including safety eyes, a felt banner, ribbon, buttons and other small decorations.
- Fabric (I used one Dollar Tree Microfiber Car Cloth)
- Eyes (Here is a link to the safety eyes I bought on Amazon)
- Fine point black permanent marker or fabric pen
- White thread and sewing needle
- Fabric scissors
- Poly-Fil stuffing
- Easy Sew Ghost Plushie Pattern (print, cut, and assemble with tape)
- Ghost Plushie Boo Banner Template (optional – cut out of felt and hot glued to ribbon)
How to Make an Easy Sew Ghost Plushie
STEP 1: Cut The Fabric Using The Free Pattern
Print the pattern pages at 100% size (link in supplies list above) then cut and assemble with tape.
Next, fold your microfiber cloth in half and use stick pins to pin the pattern to the two layers. This will make a front and a back for your ghost. Cut the fabric according to the pattern.
STEP 2: Sew and Finish
Add eyes to the front of your ghost and draw a mouth using a fabric pen or a fine-point permanent marker.
Then sew your fabric layers wrong-sides together (eyes on the inside). Hand-stitch the fabric layers together with about 1/4″ seam allowance. See the video above for more details.
Leave about a 3-4 inch opening at the bottom of your ghost plushie to turn right-side out. Stuff it with Poly-fil and stitch closed.
Add a felt banner using the template in the supplies list (optional).
Make this beautifully eerie black crow wreath.
Read More: Black Crow Wreath DIY
RELATED CRAFT IDEAS:
- DIY Glitter Spiders
- DIY Pumpkin Spice Latte Air Freshener – Free Templates
- 15 Fall Tiered Tray Decor Ideas – Easy DIYs
- Boo Wall Art Using Embroidery Hoops