Make these adorable felt gingerbread ornaments ahead of the holiday season to give as gifts to teachers, friends, family, or anyone on your gift list.
I hand-stitched these but if you’re short on time, you can still make this cute holiday craft! Check out the quick, simplified version below.
- Stiff felt (for body, eyes, mouth)
- Zig-zag ribbon
- Satin ribbon or string to hang ornaments
- Needle and thread (white, red, green)
- Poly-Fil stuffing
- Stick pins
- A printout of the Felt Gingerbread Man Ornament Template
- A printout of the Recipe Card on good quality card stock
- Any additional decorations you like
- A hole punch
Short On Time?
Try a simplified version of this cute gingerbread craft. Just cut one gingerbread man (front only) out of thick felt using the Free Template in the supplies list above. Then hot glue buttons, felt for eyes and a mouth, and any other decorations on!
How to Make a Handsewn Felt Gingerbread Ornaments
Start by cutting out the gingerbread body – You’ll need to cut two for a front and a back.
Sew the details onto the front. When cutting the zig-zag ribbon I recommend cutting it long enough to wrap around the back of the front piece of the body felt for a more finished edge.
Next, sew the front and back of your gingerbread person together starting at the top using a running stitch (under-and-over stitch). Use white thread and don’t forget to sew ribbon or string into the top first!
Add a little poly-fil stuffing before sewing closed.
Finish with more decoration if you like, as I did with the scarf around the neck. Attach a No Molasses Gingerbread Cookie Recipe Gift Card (free pintable in the supplies list above) if plan to give it as a gift.
Learn how to make a S’more Gingerbread House!
MORE HOLIDAY CRAFTS IDEAS:
- 10 DIY Christmas Tiered Tray Decor Ideas
- DIY Farmhouse Wood Signs – Free SVG Files
- Reindeer Bean Bags – Free Pattern
- DIY Rustic Snowflake Coasters
Watch A Video
Link to the full tutorial here –> How to Make a Jingle Bell Wreath