If you have a few wine corks, make these cute Lucky Wine Cork Gnomes for St. Patrick’s Day.
These cute little gnomes make great gifts. I actually hang wine cork ornaments around wine bottles to give as gifts. The last ornaments I made were for Halloween and you can check those out here –> Ghost and Bat Cork Ornaments
Get all the details below on how to make them!
- Wine corks (here’s a link to buy on Amazon)
- Faux fur in orange or white
- Green scrap fabric or 2.5″ wide wire ribbon to make hats
- Ribbon or scrap fabric to wrap and decorate corks
- Shamrock buttons
- Beads for noses
- Twine to hang
- A sharp precision knife (X-Acto knife)
- Hot glue gun
How to Make Lucky Wine Cork Gnomes – 4 Easy Steps
STEP 1: Wrap The Cork
Start by hot gluing fabric or ribbon to cover your cork.
STEP 2: Make The Hat
Make a hat by cutting a scrap of fabric or wire ribbon about 2.5″ to 3″. Then round as shown below.
You’ll also need to hot glue a loop of twine to the inside to hang your gnome as shown below. Hot glue the twine ends along one of the straight sides.
Hot glue the edges together to finish the hat.
STEP 3: Make A Faux Fur Beard
Cut the faux fur beard. You only need a little scrap of the fur. Cut a triangle about an inch wide along the wrong side of your fabric making sure the faux fur is flowing downward.
Note: Do not use scissors to cut the beard because that will cut the fur along the edges which gives it a flowing beard look!
STEP 4: Finish and Decorate
Hot glue the beard onto the wine cork first, then the hat, then a bead for the nose. Sew (or hot glue) a shamrock button to the top of the hat for decoration (optional).
Inspiring ways to use vintage tins in your home!
RELATED CRAFT IDEAS:
- How to Make Marbled Solar Mason Jar Lights
- 6 Unique DIY Tiered Trays Made With Flea Market Finds
- DIY Farmhouse Wood Signs – Free SVG Files
- How to Make a Fairy Garden House – Free Template