Learn how to make vintage-style clipboards and get ideas on how to decorate your home with them!
I made a few vintage-inspired clipboards and I thought I’d share how to make them for those of you looking to add a touch of nostalgic charm to your decor.
These are great for displaying pictures that you want to switch out from time to time or seasonal artwork.
My DIY clipboards measure 7.5 x 10 inches and I was able to make six boards (with four clips leftover) for just a few dollars each. Get all the details to make them below.
- 2.28″ skeleton clips (similar ones in Medium size can be purchased here on Amazon)
- 10.6″ x 7″ x 0.23″ unfinished wood craft boards (these are the ones that I purchased on Amazon)
- Dark brown acrylic paint (or stain)
- A chipbrush or old paintbrush
- Paper towel
- Kraft paper or something to protect your work surface
Learn how to make beautiful, one-of-a-kind home decor pieces using thrift store items!
Read More: 10 Upcycled Home Decor Ideas & Easy DIYs
How to Make Vintage-Style Clipboards – 3 Easy Steps
STEP 1: Paint or Stain
Paint or stain your unfinished wood boards. Here I used a brown acrylic paint wash (paint with a little water) to give my boards a stained look. Wipe away any excess with a paper towel. Apply a second coat once dry for a darker look.
STEP 2: Let Dry
Let your painted/stained boards dry before assembling!
STEP 3: Assemble
Add photos to your clipboards and check out more uses for them below!
More Uses For Vintage-Style Clipboards
Check out these Air Plant Holder DIYs and get tips on caring for air plants.
Read More: DIY Air Plant Holders to Beautify Your Home
MORE HOME DECOR IDEAS:
- DIY Heart-Shaped Succulent Magnets
- Welcoming Pineapple Sign Made With Wood Hearts
- How to Make Marbled Solar Mason Jar Lights
- DIY Farmhouse Wood Signs – Free SVG Files