Learn how to make vintage-style clipboards and get ideas on how to decorate your home with them!
I made a few vintage-inspired clipboards and I thought I’d share how to make them for those of you looking to add a touch of nostalgic charm to your decor.
Clipboards are an inexpensive way to display pictures. They’re great for making collage walls and I love that you can switch out the photos from time to time or change up the artwork to decorate for the holidays.
Why didn’t I just pick up a few from Dollar Tree you might ask? I just couldn’t get past the clunky look of the big old silver clip that you find on standard office clipboards. These skeleton clips are sleek and I’m a bit of a stickler when it comes to detail!
My DIY clipboards measure 7.5 x 10 inches and I was able to make six boards (with four clips leftover) for just a few dollars each. Get all the details to make them below.
- 2″ x 2.5″ skeleton clips (I bought these on Amazon)
- 10.6″ x 7″ x 0.23″ unfinished wood craft boards (these are the ones that I purchased on Amazon)
- Dark brown acrylic paint (or stain)
- A 2′ chip brush
- Paper towel
- Kraft paper or something to protect your work surface
Learn how to make beautiful, one-of-a-kind home decor pieces using thrift store items!
Read More: 10 Upcycled Home Decor Ideas & Easy DIYs
How to Make Vintage-Style Clipboards
Paint or stain your unfinished wood boards. Here I used a brown acrylic paint wash (paint with a little water) to give my boards a stained look. Wipe away any excess with a paper towel. Apply a second coat once dry for a darker look.
Let your painted/stained boards dry before assembling!
Decorating With Vintage Clipboards
Here are a few more ideas…
Recycle your old greeting cards into something new and useful!
MORE HOME DECOR DIYS TO TRY:
- DIY Heart-Shaped Succulent Magnets
- Welcoming Pineapple Sign Made With Wood Hearts
- How to Make Marbled Solar Mason Jar Lights
- DIY Farmhouse Wood Signs – Free SVG Files