Looking for unique Christmas in July ideas, then you’re in the right place!
If you love Christmas then you’ll love celebrating ‘Christmas in July’! This fun holiday gives summer a little boost and it’s a way to squeeze more fun out of July.
I don’t know about you, but it seems like summer just flies by and I like to get all the gusto I can out of those warm months.
Christmas in July is a time to throw a party, binge-watch all of your favorite Christmas movies, make a s’more gingerbread house, and celebrate Christmas but in a much more laid-back way!
Check out all of the festive ideas and activities below. There’s something for everyone in the family to enjoy.
1. Decorate ‘Christmas In July’ Style
Have fun decorating inside and out by adding splashes of summer to your traditional Christmas decorations. Here are a few ideas…
- Drag out the Christmas tree and decorate it with Hawaiian Leis
- String Christmas lights
- Make a Christmas tree out of drink umbrellas (easy tutorial below)
- Display festive decorations on the lawn.
Tutorial: How to Make a Drink Umbrella Christmas Tree
To Make a Drink Umbrella Christmas Tree, you’ll need the following:
- Drink umbrellas
- A foam cone (I’m using a 12-inch tall cone)
- A topper (optional: starfish, a shell, or sand dollars)
- Hot glue
- A skewer
Step 1: Hot glue a starfish, a sand dollar, or any topper onto a skewer and push it into the top.
Step 2: Open up your drink umbrellas and stick them into a foam cone. Start at the bottom and work your way up. If needed use a dab of hot glue to secure them.
2. Throw A ‘Christmas in July’ Party
Yup, Christmas in July is another reason to party. Here are a few ideas to help get the party started…
- Serve up a snowman cheeseball
- Grill pineapple slices and make Aloha Burgers or Grilled Marinated Portobello Mushroom Burgers
- Make watermelon punch
- Pull out the slip-and-slide
- Set up a snowcone station
- Have a cookie exchange
- Swap white elephant gifts
- Surprise the kids with a visit from Santa
3. Make Festive Ornaments
Make ornaments with your kids by painting shells or make these cute snowcone ornaments! For the full tutorial visit — > Easy DIY Snow Cone Ornaments.
4. Watch Christmas Movies
The Hallmark Channel has tons of Christmas movies to choose from or stream a few of your holiday favorites! Our family loves Elf and The Christmas Chronicles.
Unique crafts that you can make with shells, sea glass, thrift store finds, and items from your recycle bin!
Read More: 10 Fun Beachy Crafts & Easy DIYs
5. Make a Gingerbread House
Make a gingerbread house with your kids. Even better, make a s’more gingerbread house! For the full tutorial visit –> Easy to Make Graham Cracker Gingerbread House.
6. Exchange Gifts
On July 25th of course! Small pool toys, lip glosses, and bubble wands make great summer stocking stuffers. Or hand out sand buckets with beach toys or ice cream sundae gift baskets. Of course, pick some up for yourself, it’s Christmas and you deserve it!
7. Take A Family Photo
Take a family picture and print up those Christmas Cards early! December is a busy month so why not make cards ahead?
8. Give Back
Why wait until Christmas to donate to local charities? And you don’t have to give money, clean out your closet and donate winter clothes you don’t wear anymore. Or donate your time to help out a nursing home or pack boxes at the food pantry.
Summer just got sweeter with these fun pineapple crafts!
Read More: 10 Sweet Pineapple Crafts You Have To Try
MORE fESTIVE DIYS:
- Tooth Fairy Garden – Free Fairy Garden House Template
- Tissue Paper Rainbow – Kids Craft
- Farmhouse Mini Pillows for Your Tiered Tray – Free SVG Stencils
- DIY Snowman Hat made from Dollar Store Supplies
Watch A Video
Link to the full tutorial here –> How to Make Marbled Solar Mason Jar Lights